Please feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if your questions are not answered here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: When does season start/end?
A: Regular game season begins early April and ends by mid-June in both baseball and softball.
Q: What division should I register for?
A: See the explanation of divisions for baseball and softball below. If still not sure, it is generally best to register for the division that best fits the age and skill level of your ballplayer. Older divisions in baseball have a mandatory tryout which will help determine placement. For further information, please feel free to email the league at email@example.com. Softball divisions generally divide in 2-year increments with an overlap of the older players, again, in general, it is best to register your ballplayer based on their skill level.
Cal Ripken Baseball Division - Ages 4-12
Keeping baseball FUN-especially in the early stages of youth baseball is a primary concern of Babe Ruth League's Cal Ripken Division, which is comprised of the following divisions (as played at Cherry Hill National Athletic League):
Cal Ripken T-Ball (to age 6) - $70
This program is designed for the young athlete that is just starting out in organized sports or those still not ready to move up to the Rookie/Coach Pitch Hybrid level. In general games are played on (1) early week night and (1) weekend day each week, coaches decide on practice days and times.
For new families looking for a t-ball program; your children and their friends can play co-ed t-ball, this spring, outside, on a real baseball field (just like the older players) for some of the most reasonable fees in the area; and while it's not free (as there are some costs in maintaining and providing a quality program, there are never any additional charges (raffles, snack bar duty or mandatory fundraisers).
- Does your child want to play with their friends? During the registration application just note who their friends are and every attempt is made to try and keep them together to make the experience even better while making it easier for you to carpool.
- Want to coach or manage your child's team? Join some of the most caring volunteers in the area. Just complete the request process during registration; once selected, you'll be required to complete the most comprehensive background check and abuse awareness program ever offered to assure that all of the children are safe.
- The t-ball season begins in early April and runs through mid-June with games being played on an early evening and early weekend morning each week.
Cal Ripken Rookie (Coach Pitch Hybrid, ages 5-8) - $170
This division makes use of a coach pitching to allow for more hittable balls at the plate and more action in the field. Fear of actually being hit by a pitched ball is diminished. It makes the game safer and improves the playing confidence and ability of all participants. As the season progresses, coaches will implement player pitching into the program. Only players with at least some t-ball experience should consider this program.
Cal Ripken 46/60 (ages 7-10) - $170
46' pitching distance and 60' base paths. Special base running rules are also in effect, which include base stealing. Introduces players to "real" baseball. Players refine their fundamental skills while beginning to understand game strategy & teamwork. Participants first experience post-season tournament competition in this level so travel players from the 8U & 9U division should register in this division. 10U players with limited experience are welcomed in this division. This is a drafted division.
Cal Ripken 50/ 70 (ages 9-12)- $170
Cal Ripken Baseball is played under the Official Baseball Rules, but implements some special rules as necessary for the development and welfare of this young age group. Under the Major/70 division, games consist of six innings & there are rules that set the maximum number of innings a pitcher may pitch in a calendar week. Division features a 50' pitching distance and 70' base paths. Travel players in 10U-12U should register in this division.. This is a drafted division.
So what are you waiting for? Go to http://cherryhillnational.website.sportssignup.com/, click on the registration banner, log in or create an account (if new to the organization) and complete your registration today. If you'd prefer to register in person, we'll have in-person registration at the clubhouse located at 601 Cooper Landing Road (701 for GPS), Times and dates to be announced at a later time.
Babe Ruth Softball Division
Since its inception in 1984, Babe Ruth Softball has grown tremendously to become a premier softball program throughout the United States and Canada-and is also the fastest growing division in Babe Ruth League, Inc.
Designed for ages 7-18, age divisions offered include: 8 & Under, 10 & Under, 12 & Under, 14 & Under, 16 & Under. The primary emphasis of Babe Ruth Softball is on education, skill development, participation for all levels of ability and of course, having fun.
A special highlight of Babe Ruth Softball is its annual tournament trail. Tournament teams from each local league are eligible to participate in District competition with winners advancing to the State and Regional levels. Entry to the official Babe Ruth Softball tournament trail is free. 12 & Under and 16 & Under Divisions advance to a World Series. Babe Ruth Softball also offers an invitational World Series for the 8 & Under, 10 & Under, 14 & Under.
Q: When are games played?
A: Baseball and Softball schedules are in constant flux based on weather conditions and such. In general, here is a brief summary of how scheduling could be (subject to change):
- T-Ball: Games are usually played 1 weeknight early evening (Monday-Friday) and 1 weekend morning (Saturday-Sunday). Practice day & time is at the discretion of the coach.
- Rookie/Coach Pitch: Games are usually played early weeknights and/or weekend days. Practice days & times are at the discretion of the coach.
- Minors 46/60: Games are generally played weeknights and/or weekend days. Practice days & times are at the discretion of the coach.
- Majors 50/70: Games are generally played weeknights (Monday-Thursday). Rainouts are scheduled on next available date teams can play.
- Softball (all age levels): As softball plays in a "travel recreation" program, games are played any day of the week and/or weekend.
Q: Where are games and practices played/held?
A: Cherry Hill National baseball games are played at the main complex while practices are held at our network of township and school fields selected by the coaches, softball "home" games are played at the main complex and "away" games at the opponents' field, practices are at at the main complex (when available) or at the township or school fields, selected by coaches.
Q: What does it cost to play?
A: Regular pricing at baseball and softball divisions for the 2021 season is $170.00 per player; T-ball is priced at $70.00 per player.
Q: What's included in my registration fee?
A: Softball players receive a full uniform which includes a jersey and pants. Baseball/T-ballplayers receive a jersey, cap, and socks, grey pants (if needed) are offered during registration.
Q: Am I eligible for any discounts?
A: In order to make baseball and softball affordable for all, Cherry Hill National offers the following:
- Multi-registrant discount: discounts are automatically applied when 2 or more players are registered in the same family (at the same address)
- New Sponsor/Returning Sponsor discount: families securing new sponsors or returning sponsors are eligible for free or discounted registration (email league for details)
- Early registration discount: families are invited to register early (prior to a selected date from the league), discounts apply at checkout (if applicable)
- Promo codes: At various times during the registration season, the league could offer "flash-sales or discounts" that require a promo code that is supplied at the announcement of the sale; they last for a specified time and are not combined with early registration discounts.
Q: Are there any other fees/charges?
A: Cherry Hill National has no additional charges for:
- Raffle tickets: Some organizations have a mandatory raffle ticket sale, we are fortunate that through our number of sponsorships, raffle ticket sales have been eliminated. In return, we ask that you check our sponsor page and support as many of our sponsors as you can.
- Snack Bar Duty: We are fortunate to have volunteers who staff the snack bar on a regular schedule to allow parents to attend their child's games, in return we'd ask parents to consider purchasing discounted snack tickets or "snak-cash" to help support the league. (check snack bar for details or email league)
- Other Fundraising: Several teams in the travel programs will run funding programs throughout the year to help support their programs, please consider supporting their cause, announcements through social media and email will keep you notified of the causes.